Wednesday, May 20, 2009

In other hobby news, I'm taking up gardening

Brian woke me up this morning and pointed next to our bed (which is wear Bella sleeps at the moment). Next to sleeping Bella, Fluffy and Baya were curled up asleep as well. It was one of those "wish I had my camera" moments (which I seem to have a lot).

I finally checked out a book from the Honolulu Public Library system. You have no idea how much it thrilled me.

I got my library card maybe a year ago or so, but had never used it until yesterday. There isn't much to do when your house is clean, everyone is fed and washed, you're over all your favorite websites for the day, and the TV is taken. So I looked up the closest library in proximity to our house. Lucky me, it's right down the street. Like, I could easily walk there if I wanted, which is what I plan to do now when I'm bored (given Bella isn't being her usual mean self). Since I know you are wondering, I checked out Catch-22 and I'm enjoying it so far.

In other hobby news, I'm taking up gardening. So far all I've done is weed the little garden area in the front yard. But I plan on putting in some plants and flowers as soon as I get around to it. And eventually I hope to take a lawnmower to the backyard. I have to drive down to the main residential office to pick one up, which is the only thing keeping my yard from looking halfway decent.

We went to the water park this weekend with Ruby, Gabe, his brother and family, Scott, and we met up with Seitz and his family. Bella had a lot of fun and got a tan. I'm so jealous of my 2 year old. I didn't burn too bad this time though, so something to be thankful for! We're going again on Sunday, and then to Dixie Grill for all you can eat crabs. I love their sweet tea!

My ultrasound appointment is on Friday. I'm sure I'd be excited if we were still waiting to find out what we're having. I had a checkup on Monday and everything looks good so far, although the doctor said I need to gain more weight. I was dreading hearing that because that's what happened with Bella, and I ended up gaining more than I was supposed to. But I'm pretty sure the scale at the doctor's office is off because it said I haven't gained anything in 4 weeks, while the scale at our house says I definitely have. There was about a 5lb difference between our scales, which would mean I'm actually right on track. We will see what happens at the next appointment, but for now I'm taking in all my calories and still moderately working out so I don't accidentally gain more than I need to because of a fluke on their part.

Baby King Leonidas is getting stronger. I feel him punching and kicking harder every day. I imagine he is practicing for his fight against the Persians.

No comments: