Thursday, January 10, 2008

I feel a need to find something new for people to celebrate...

Every time I am in the mood to blog and I have a moment, it is quickly interrupted. I swear I've been at this like 3 times today at least. But Fluffy wanted to bark at strangers and wake Bella up from her nap. Luckily we had a busy day today, so she is still pretty tired and went back to sleep almost as fast as she woke up.

This has actually been a pretty busy week. I was worried about not getting anything done as far as cleaning/unpacking into this new abode. But I kicked my butt into gear and got the whole place clean (with the exception of Bella's room which is being used as temporary storage until the supposed garage sale). It's been spotless for close to a week now, which I think is a record by some standard.

Ruby graduated, so we attended her pinning ceremony and graduation this week. It reaffirmed my longing to go to school. I don't know if it's so much my thirst for knowledge as it is my desire to accomplish something. And yes I know I am married and I have a baby and I have been able to travel. I have accomplished everything I wanted to do despite all of the negative feedback I received in the beginning.

But now that the dust has settled and everyone is proud of me, I feel a need to find something new for people to celebrate. And I don't want it to be easy. I want it to be something that I actually have to work for, as I don't feel I ever got that chance. Most of the things I have wanted in my life have just been handed to me.

But enough of that.

Another accomplishment was celebrated today. Brian has been promoted to Staff Sergeant. He gave a nice speech thanking me for my part in supporting him (read: taking care of that "crying all the time baby" while he worked 12hr shifts), and said he was doing everything for me and Bella so we could have a good life. And life is good.

After the promotion ceremony we went to Bellow's. It was a windy/chilly beach day but I really loved being there. And the drive over and back was beautiful. Mountains all over, some with visible waterfalls. It made me appreciate Hawaii so much more.



Yesterday I got bored so I drove down to the beach with Bella. We put our feet in the water and just sat out for a bit. I'm so thankful that I can go to the beach in the middle of winter.


No comments: