Tuesday, February 5, 2008

If he were here I would cook, but it's hard enough cooking for two. How in the world do I cook for one?

If there is one thing I miss most of all it's making new memories with old friends. I have had so much fun this weekend, however I can't help but think of what it would be like if I had a big group of close friends around me to spend time with.

Of course I have Ruby, and now Nina. And they are both wonderful. But you know what it's like when you have that big group of friends to go out with. Anyway, this isn't to be a brooding blog so I won't go much further. We do have fun with the friends we do have. All I am saying is a bit of variety would be nice.

My mom surprised me on Friday by asking if she could fly out on Saturday. She was going to wait until March, but the tickets were more expensive then. So she and Jaycee flew out Saturday afternoon before Brian had to fly to Florida.

We went to the Dole Plantation on Sunday, following Ruby and Gabe's Superbowl party. We took a ride on the Pineapple Express and had pineapple ice cream. Monday we went to Sea Life Park and played with dolphins. We actually got to go in the water with them, give them kisses, dance with them, and signal them to perform tricks for us. It was an amazing experience. I think I want to go back for my birthday and do the one where you swim with them.

They left this morning, and although it was nice having them here and wonderful spending time with them, it was also not what I am used to. I am used to having a somewhat more peaceful and relaxed household and my quiet home was interrupted with their hectic lifestyle. My mom was determined to keep her schedule, so she woke up at 4 every morning. And it was just too loud. But I did enjoy the company.

Brian won't be home until Saturday. I miss him, and can't wait to have him back. This is my first time alone. I'm appreciative of this opportunity because I never have been alone. But at the same time it is just lonely. And I don't know what to eat. If he were here I would cook, but it's hard enough cooking for two. How in the world do I cook for one?

It is Super Tuesday. I have never voted, and obviously can't vote in the primary since I'm not registered. But I have been contemplating registering to vote this year. I never thought about it, but I am tired of falling among the uninformed Americans. So I did some research, and decided if I am to vote, I will vote for Huckabee. I agree with his stance on most of the issues, plus it would be awesome to rep for him with an i heart huckabee bumper sticker or something ;)

No comments: