Friday, February 15, 2008

I was going to do a Yo Gabba Gabba theme, but I thought a DJ Lance cake would be a little scary

It seems so much has happened since my last post, yet I can't think of everything. I know Brian came home, and at some point during that week Ruby, Nina, Bella, and I had a beach day. It was the first time I could let Bella crawl around in the sand without worrying about her eating it. She had fun exfoliating my feet with it instead. Bringing her to the beach is definitely a lot more enjoyable now.


Her 1st birthday is on the 19th. The Saturday after her birthday we are having the Blue's Clues party. I was going to do a Yo Gabba Gabba theme, but I thought a DJ Lance cake would be a little scary.

Yesterday was my first official celebrated Valentine's Day. Last year Brian had to work, the year before that he was in Afghanistan. So this year we dressed up and I made a big dinner; Baked chicken parmesean served over capellini, a side salad, and we had wings and celery sticks for an appetizer. I made strawberry shortcake and chocolate covered strawberries for desert, and we drank a whole bottle of wine (I know I said I would never drink again in my life, but the wine was so good). I was so out of it last night, but I felt fine this morning. Didn't want to puke my guts out or anything.

I got Brian a heart-shaped basket and filled it with valentine m&ms, cookies from the Cookie Corner, Smarties, and a stuffed animal. And he got cards from both me and Bella.

Today we are heading to Bellows for a weekend camping trip. I am excited as I've been wanting to go since my birthday. But I have so much to do to prepare. We have all kinds of food to remember to take, I want to get all the laundry done so I won't have too much to wash when we come home, and Brian's mom flies in the day we come back from camping so I want to get everything clean now in case I don't have time before then.

No comments: