Sunday, March 9, 2008

I swear I am not a nerd, I just need something to pass the time

Today we went to the water park. Jeramiah's kids turned 1 and 3 in December and February, but I guess he was gone for their birthdays so they had a party for the 2 of them today. They payed for everyone to get in, and the park provided food (traditional Hawaiian pulled pork, fried chicken, rice and noodles). The sun was out, but by the time we decided to get in the water it went away.

The water was cold, and Bella didn't enjoy it too much. But I took her down a little water slide and jumped around in the water with her and she started to enjoy it a bit more. Then we took her in the lazy river. She liked it until she got splashed by the waterfall.

I finally got my Urban Outfitters order in the mail. I love the clothes and I can't wait to have something to do so I can wear them. They aren't anything fancy, but I don't want to just lounge around the house in them. I got a comfy dress, some white linen shorts, and this really nice purple top.

Jane Austen Book Club also came in the mail from netflix. I wasn't expecting a masterpiece at all, so I wasn't surprised it wasn't that great a movie. But it was cute, and it was inspiring. It really made me want to start reading Jane Austen books, because honestly the closest I have gotten to a story by one of the best-loved writers in British literature was an episode of Wishbone in which they re-enacted Pride and Prejudice. After watching the movie, I decided her novels may have more to relay to me now. Especially since I might be majoring in English when I start school.

And did I mention I am starting school? I forget if my last post mentioned it, but I applied to Chaminade University. I will be taking classes on the military base here so I don't have to drive downtown. Right now I am just waiting for my transcript to come from Sierra so I can start registering for classes. I want to go for the Bachelor's in English, but at this point I think I might just do an AA in Liberal Arts to get my general ed out of the way, and then later I might have a better idea of what I want to do with my life and I can continue for my Bachelor degree.

I am completely exhausted from the water park adventure, and my eyes are tired from the hours I have wasted at the computer leveling up my WOW characters (I swear I am not a nerd, I just need something to pass the time), so I think I am due for a nap. Just getting in my random update.

No comments: