Thursday, March 12, 2009

I saw it breakdancing on the ultrasound screen, so it's there for sure

I suck at updates lately. But, see, I have this terrible 2 year old who keeps me busy quite often.

Brian is in Singapore right now enjoying a more beautiful version of Hawaii without all the bums and dry grass/weeds. And it's only his first stop in his trip of all the places I've wanted to visit in my life. Of course, it's for work so it can't all be fun. Meanwhile I'm stuck here at work...not going to museums and being a tourist. I did take Bella to the beach the other day though and we had a good time. She kept trying to run into the ocean. I don't think I look as good running towards the water in a bathing suit as I might have a couple years ago. If I wasn't myself, the sight of me might have made me vomit.

And speaking of vomit, I haven't done any of that this whole pregnancy. In fact, if it weren't for the frequent ER trips we've had to make due to a bleeding scare, I might not believe I was growing a human at all. But I saw it breakdancing on the ultrasound screen, so it's there for sure. Plus I'm getting kind of chunky. I haven't yet gained any weight though. But I am getting fat for sure.

This was me at 5 weeks


And now me at 12 weeks


The bleeding has since stopped thanks to antibiotics. But I am still on some form of "bedrest" trying to take it easy. I'm not able to take pictures at work because it's too much excitement for my body at this time. Instead I am stuck on the sales table. How ironic given the fact that I've avoided it for so long. But it's not so bad anymore. I felt bad at first, trying to get these people to spend so much on pictures. I come from a poor background. But if they didn't want to spend the money they wouldn't do it, so now it's like a game to me to see how much I can sell. Don't get me wrong, I still feel like a douche bag. I'm just doing my job. And I'm doing it well. I went from having the lowest rate of sales and now I have the highest. If I ever do end up doing photography on my own as a side job, I still won't do it for huge profit. I am only a temporary douche bag for Sears Portrait Studio.

My dad was in town for Bella's birthday. Jenni and I got him a ticket out here for that week. I took him to AZ Memorial, Battleship Missouri, USS Bowfin, Dole Plantation, and Germaine's Luau. It was a nice trip. He made breakfast one morning, taught me some old recipes, and did the dishes. I'll have to post photos from his visit later. Brian has my laptop in Singapore right now and all the pictures are on there.

No comments: