Friday, January 23, 2009

Last week I took Cynthia's maternity pictures. It was my first time doing creative maternity pictures, so I used her as practice and I have to say they turned out really nice. So now I won't be so nervous the next time a pregnant lady comes in.


After we finished the pictures, we went to Cynthia's friend's house. A bunch of ladies were doing a girls night. I almost said no to going because I was really tired. But I'm glad I did. We played "What's Yours Like?" and talked, and ate pigs in a blanket. My only regret of the night was that I didn't grab more pigs in a blanket before we left.

The next night Brian and I went to Pipeline with Gabe and Ruby to see Nick Swardson. Brian and I hadn't been out together without Bella in a long time, so that in itself was nice. And the show was really good, minus the opening act. That guy was horrible and the only thing he really said at all was that Hawaiians need to make more Barack Obamas. I mean, that's not even funny.

Other than seeing a comedy show, the highlite of the night was when (after much coercion from Coralyn) I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. Actually, it was a digital test so it actually said "Pregnant" and that was much more shocking to read than "+"

So now I am 5 weeks pregnant, and not really feeling it at all yet. I don't have any symptoms this early, and I'm hoping that morning sickness will forget me this time around since I got it extra bad the first time. But it usually comes by the 6th week so I will check in then, or not depending on how bad it hits if it does. I have no idea how I will handle Bella, work, and puking all day.

I am determined to not get fat with this pregnancy. I am already doing better since I started eating healthy and working out before conception. The only thing that kind of sucks is I was doing a really intense workout before, and now I'm not sure how much of it I can do since there is a lot of jumping and bouncing. I'm going to try to do it modified today though. I have been walking every day with Bella, and it just does not feel like much of a work out no matter how far we walk.

A little bloated at 4 weeks, my bump:


Brian of course hopes it's a boy, or a grizzly bear. I will be happy either way. It would be nice to have a boy because so many girls have been born to the family. I'm feeling boy this early, but we will see in 15 weeks (given this child cooperates).

2 comments:

Audrey said...

What exactly is "What's Yours Like?"?

bapoo said...

It comes with cards with a word on it, like "car" One person has to guess the word. You go around the room asking people for their clues until you guess.

example for car:
"What's yours like?"
"mine is blue" "I have 2" "mine was just washed"

You get a point for each person you ask until you get it right. Lowest points wins. =)